Friday, March 14, 2008

Kiss Me I'm Irish

Happy early St. Patty's Day! I was going to save this for Monday when it's official, but I figured I would post this now and give people some fodder for the festivities and debauchery that should be taking place tomorrow. I have a weird thing for Celtic music as it is, so I tried to limit my tastes to more mainstream tunes for your perusal.

Jack the Rabbit, I hope these are on the playlist for tomorrow. I know Afro Celt Sound System will be.

Enjoy these Irish artists as they provide some welcome energy to this holiday weekend.

**Disclaimer: I know the Braveheart song is Scottish, but the bagpipes are amazing and it gets me in the holiday mood regardless. Plus, we both hate the English. Also, Snow Patrol have been living in Scotland but they're originally from Northern Ireland. Suck it, Trebek.**

Bell X1 -
*Rocky Took a Lover.mp3

Damien Rice -
*Lonelily.mp3

The Ike Reilly Assassination -
*When Irish Eyes Are Burning.mp3

Snow Patrol -
*Shut Your Eyes.mp3

Bing Crosby -
*When Irish Eyes Are Smiling.mp3

Boondock Saints -
*Boondock Saints Theme.mp3

Braveheart -
*The Legend Spreads.mp3

Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova -
*Into the Mystic.mp3

Dropkick Murphys -
*I'm Shipping Up to Boston.mp3

Van Morrison -
*Sweet Thing.mp3

The Pogues -
*London Girl.mp3

U2 -
*Sunday Bloody Sunday.mp3

Afro Celt Sound System -
*Whirl-Y Reel 2 (Folk Police Mix).mp3

No comments: