Wednesday, April 2, 2008

New Matt the Electrician Song

This news makes my heart happy. Head on over to this blog to hear/download Matt the Electrician's new song "Got Your Back." It's exactly what you would expect from MtE - a simple acoustic arrangement complimented by his raspy but sincere voice. A little whistling and soft horns are thrown in for good measure.

MtE is another Austin staple and one that I would love to see more of out here in NYC. Apparently he'll be making a trip some time in late May. Last time he came out, he only did a 30 minute set at the Living Room. Luckily, the first time I saw him open at the Saxon Pub for Bob Schneider in Austin, he had a full set to impress me enough to buy three of his CDs. Hopefully the new one comes out soon.

I think he and Norah Jones should get together and start creating something. Their sounds would be perfect together!

Check it out his MySpace page for further proof. He's got a great playlist going on there.

No comments: