Thursday, May 10, 2007

Thoughts on ACL 2007 lineup

Alright, I've got few minutes here at lunch so I'm going to throw a few things out there...

So the Austin City Limits Festival lineup is posted and I'm angry with Little Gun for bringing it to my attention.

There. I said it. There's no way I'm going to make it down there...unless something crazy happens where I win the lottery and production at the studio stops for a week. If that happens I'm there, otherwise, I just have to sit and wish I was there like every year. Single tear. ;(


Great lineup as always. Favorites in the first heading: Arcade Fire, Wilco, Arctic Monkeys, White Stripes (and my brother loves My Morning Jacket and I've liked what I've heard so far so I need to check them out). Favorites in the second heading: DRice, Decemberists, Regina Spektor, Devotchka, Amos Lee, Ben Kweller, Andrew Bird, and I've always wanted to see the Flecktones play live.

Now here's where I get pissed off...Pete Yorn as a third tier artist? You've got to be shitting me. He played four nights in a row here in NYC last fall and tickets were gone immediately...I know because I tried to get one for ANY of the nights. Also, I guess I can see Ike Reilly being a third tier on paper but he's way better than half of the second tier artists. I've heard good things about Peter Bjorn & John, Yo La Tengo, and Amy Winehouse but I feel like that would be too arrogant of me to comment on them yet; I'll leave that stuff up to Jack the Rabbit.

I really wish they released each of these concerts as a live cd. They would make a mint. Or some DVDs of an entire show? I get mad when I see a great performance and it's really only like 1/8 of what they played that night. I want the full experience!

As you can probably tell, I'm bitter about my lack of attendance. I guess I'll have to live vicariously through Little Gun for the second year in a row...

No comments: